Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Is it hot?

For the past 4 months our department has been training on the Firefighter 2 class for the state of Nebraska. Its a huge class and the curriculum is less than 12 months old I believe. Gering is probably the 3rd or 4th city in Nebraska to have this class. Pretty cool.

Classes are every Tuesday night. Last night I took the camera and shot a few because we were working with live fire and foam application. I have been wanting to snap some real emotion fire photos, but usually when that happens I am actually working the fire, not snapping photos. So training is my only option.

Just glanced through the photos and these two caught my eye. Its tough to photograph because it was at night, but also because of the heat and water in the air. Not to mention a huge exposure gap between the dark firefighters and the bright fire and if you use flash the reflection from the gear just blows everything out. Probably one of the more difficult things to photograph.

No comments: