Saturday, May 2, 2009

May Day engagement session

I totally apologize for not keeping things updated here. It's crunch time at Spectrum and we have been trying to keep up with the end of school jobs. Not to mention I came down with a very nasty cold the past week. Things will be settling down in the coming weeks and we will be photographing some cool stuff in the coming weeks. For starters I spent majority of the afternoon with this couple.

This couple met last year through some friends. I love to get to know the couple before the wedding. And thats why every one of our wedding packages includes a free engagement session. This way we can get to know how each other works in front and behind the camera. The bride got his number and started texting him. During the shoot he acted like he was pretty ornery. But after hearing the story on how they finally got together, I think she is more of the deviant! We had to reschedule several different times because of the weather; we would get a nasty snow storm. We both were dead set on shooting outdoors. Yesterday it was pretty cold and drizzling, but we said LETS GO! The good thing.... awesome light and I am always down for that.

We started just over the bridge in Scottsbluff, then made our way back to the studio:


She wanted some pink in the background to match the outfits. It fit nicely.


We then headed down to some cool little stairs and underneath the river bridge. I wish we could of shot some more around there but I had a few other plans. Maybe next time.

On our way back to Gering.

We pretty much walked around downtown. If felt much warmer here than around the river. And the drizzle actually stopped.


We sat down for a bit and a game of slap hand broke out. I might be wrong, but I think she actually won!

On the lawn in front of the Courthouse. I encourage a lot of kissing during our sessions...

...which was no problem.

So we just walked...

... and came across this sign in front of a furniture store. Interesting!

I am super excited to photograph their wedding in June. It will be at the 5 Star Ranch right along the Nebraska/Wyoming border. Everything will be outdoors. Totally looking forward to it.

Now onto engagement number 2...

No comments: